COVID-19 Emergency Relief Projects
During this time of great need, there are many ways we can help with our hands and our resources. Here you will find a list of items you can make at home or buy to support two local nonprofits that are helping those who are hit hardest by the crisis: LifeMoves and Community Services Agency (CSA). You can also volunteer with IsraAid to help distribute relief supplies locally.
Deliver Your Own Donations or Request KE Pick-Up
When you have prepared a donation from the list below, please fill out this form to tell us what you are donating and arrange for one of the following delivery options.
- No-Contact Home Pick-Up: A Kol Emeth volunteer will pick up your donation for LifeMoves or Community Services Agency (CSA) from outside your home.
- Deliver Community Services Agency (CSA) food donations to the home of KE congregant Tzipor Ulman in Los Altos. Please contact Tzipor (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange this option.
- Deliver to LifeMoves: You can deliver your donation to the LifeMoves Administrative Office (181 Constitution Drive, Menlo Park) or to a shelter near you. Please arrange this option with Donna Hope (email@example.com) from LifeMoves.
Donate Food to Community Services Agency
- Donate food items to help feed the growing number of people looking to CSA for their nutritional needs. Food donation requests have gone up by 14% yet donations have been down 6%. CSA distributes over a ton of food every day.
- Here is a list of requested items.
Sew Masks for LifeMoves
- LifeMoves urgently needs 5,000 cloth, reusable masks to help protect their frontline workers and clients at their 23 Silicon Valley shelter and service sites.
- View the full sewing instructions and CDC guidelines here.
Create No Sew Fleece Blankets for LifeMoves
- This is a fun and easy craft project you can complete at home with nothing but fleece and a pair of scissors.
- You can purchase a No Sew Fleece Throw kit online at Joann here or buy two blanket-sized pieces of fleece.
- Here is a tutorial for how to make the blanket.
Donate Essential Supplies to LifeMoves
- LifeMoves has an urgent need for the following items:
- Top priority: Bottles of hand sanitizer (60% alcohol, any size, shape, or scent)
- Sanitizing spray (specifically that provides 12 hour protection)
- Clorox wipes and spray
- Diapers (sizes 4, 5 and 6) and baby wipes
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Bottles of hand soap
Assemble Care Packages for LifeMoves
- Snack Bags for children staying in LifeMoves shelters and home from school. Decorate brown paper lunch bags then fill them with 3 healthy, non-perishable snacks.
- Boredom Busters! Art and activity supplies both for adults and children in LifeMoves shelters; ideas include coloring books, puzzles, and activity kits.
- Household Supplies for laundry and cleaning. Get creative and decorate a large brown paper bag or box filled with supplies.
- Care Kits for adults and teens. Decorate brown paper lunch bags or provide a fun container then fill with your favorite self-care items. Examples include soaps, shampoos, conditioner, nail polish and remover, scrunchies, washcloths or loofahs, shaving cream, toothbrush and toothpaste, and dental floss. Or order one online,
- like this or this.
Volunteer with IsraAid to sort, pack, and distribute supplies
IsraAid is urgently seeking volunteers to assist their efforts in providing vital relief supplies to our most vulnerable communities.
- In San Jose Warehouse: Sorting and packing of relief supplies
- From San Carlos: Distribution of food packages to people’s homes
Operations are conducted according to CDC guidelines.
For more information and to sign up to an IsraAid volunteer orientation/training, click: https://www.israaid.org/israaid-emergency-volunteer-program
Post archive date: Tuesday October 13th, 2020