Kol Emeth is participating in a “Muslim-Jewish partnership” with an organization called “ING.org.”
During the month of June, the Jewish community has been invited to Ramadan Breaking the Fast (Iftar) Dinners at various dates and locations throughout the area.
For more details, please visit: ing.org/jewish-guests/
Below is a letter that Kol Emeth has received, updating us on the partnership:
Dear Muslim Jewish Partnership Representatives,
The work of our collaboration is moving forward in many exciting ways! Our Partnership Coordinator, Fattin Wekselman has hit the ground running:
– She has made numerous connections with Muslim communities and leaders who will be joining the partnership, and continues to arrange meetings.
– She has been and will continue to reach out to our Jewish partners, coordinating all the efforts underway to create deep and lasting relationships.
– She has met with Ilan Vitemberg of Jewish LearningWorks to discuss future plans to coordinate and deepen existing relationships between Jewish and Muslim schools.
– We have invited new partners in the San Jose and Los Gatos areas to join our efforts, and have been met with an enthusiastic reception.
– Fattin is getting to know the different institutions and their individual practices.
– Exchanges and activities continue to take place.
And that’s not all! Most significantly, working with ING, Fattin has organized a series of invitations to Iftar dinners see the list attached or use the link here: https://ing.org/jewish-guests/. This is such an extraordinary opportunity for our communities to encounter one another in meaningful ways.
I know I am excited to join the Pacifica Institute on June 13 and hope that many from my Congregation Beth Jacob community will join me – or go to another celebration that is listed. I am so grateful for these gracious invitations.
Please also be sure that our next meeting date – August 23 at 7:30 pm is on your calendar. More details to follow.
To our Muslim partners – may it be a meaningful Ramadan.
Rabbi Nat Ezray – Co-Chair Muslim Jewish Partnership
Maha Elgenaidi – Co-Chair Muslim Jewish Partnership
Fattin Wekselman – Partnership Coordinatorv